I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-05 14:06:03

Zarxrax

Garage door

On the 2nd map, I noticed the little garage to the right of the manor had a working garage door! I pushed the button and the door opened up, and then I pushed the button again and the door went back down.
But, the zoey bot decided that it would be a good idea to stand directly under the door as it came back down, and it pushed her all the way down into the ground, where she could no longer move.
Since she was a bot, she respawned once I got pretty far away, but I guess if its a human player, you will get stuck for good.
I guess you could prevent this by only making the door open, but not close.

#2 2010-06-05 15:08:43

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: Garage door

Ahaha, that's a really surprising chain of events. Never happened to us during the tests, we'll make sure that the bots go away when you push the button.

#3 2010-06-06 21:13:07

Dirka_Dirka

i tried that button and it didnt work for me.. hmm.

one thing i did notice was the gas cans in that garage have some odd physics connected to them.

#4 2010-06-07 22:28:03

NykO18
Administrator
Website

We were unable to find an elegant solution to this issue since the bots won't move when we mark the area as blocked or unsafe. As a result, the door will stay open as of the 1.2 version.

Board footer