I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-04 17:39:58

lgoasklucyl

Will it be released on Left 4 Dead 2?

Hey there!

First I would like to say - this looks FANTASTIC. I can't help but state that it looks better than most of the stock campaigns that come with the game! You guys must have put a TON of effort into it.

That being said, will we be able to run this on L4D2? I don't currently have L4D installed so I would have to reinstall if if that is not the case. It definitely looks worth it, I just figured I would check before the release.

Thanks, and I cannot wait to play it!!!!!

(steam ID: lgoasklucyl if anyone wants to play!)

#2 2010-06-04 17:54:55

ncom0pl

Re: Will it be released on Left 4 Dead 2?

http://www.ihatemountains.com/faq/#left4dead2

Will the campaign be released for Left 4 Dead 2?
The campaign will initially be released for Left 4 Dead 1 and a Left 4 Dead 2 port should follow a few weeks later. We can't guarantee the Left 4 Dead 2 port yet, because it's not as easy as some people think is it to port a complex campaign like I Hate Mountains from Left 4 Dead 1 to Left 4 Dead 2. There's missing models, and there's missing Left 4 Dead 1 survivors (obviously), which means there's also missing voices, and missing textures, and missing sounds, and missing entities (from the Crash Course update), and missing particle systems and missing infected populations, etc. We don't really see how easy it is as soon as you start using most of the features the game offers, but we'll try.

Board footer