I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2011-02-02 07:23:45

stufz

Can't get map4 IHM L4D2 1.2 to play ?

hey all - great map, luvd it in L4D. But I'm having a repeatable problem with the 1.2 L4D2 version on both a rented Linux [gameservers.com] and Windows [ultimategameserver.com] and running it on my home pc as a lan or internet server.

I can get onto the server and switch the map - using campaign manager, yes modded servers - to either the beginning or to map 4. What I cannot do is get beyond the lumberyard's first train tunnel without CTD - crash to desktop.

I have addon support enabled, I have a quadcore cpu with an nvidia 260 gtx vid card, and 8 gigs of ram - I play plenty of custom maps in L4D2 without a problem.

So I'm wondering ... anyone else having this kick on map 4 ? OK - I just played to the finale while hosting thru my game. Never mind, nutter Valve screwup  roll

I forgot to add that I didn't try the uncheck the other custom maps in the Extras/Addons ... Ok, I just tried it after unchecking all other addons. Hmm, well I didn't play thru from the start this time - I switched it to map 4 and got ctd again.

Last edited by stufz (2011-02-02 07:39:55)

#2 2011-02-02 16:42:53

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: Can't get map4 IHM L4D2 1.2 to play ?

Addons add a new complexification layer on top of the existing game. That level is already at the limits of what the engine can handle, I believe it is possible that the addons are making it cross the line. But again, I'm no addons expert so that's just supposition.

#3 2011-02-02 22:38:57

stufz

Re: Can't get map4 IHM L4D2 1.2 to play ?

thanks, not sure that a search for the differences between a local host and a dedi hosting of the game with a custom map would yield any solution. I appreciate the work that went into this "map" - fantastic world it is - and wish you all well on your future endeavors big_smile

Board footer