I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-06 02:49:16

RipVanWinkle X

Quest about sound cache.

I came from the 360 games since my old computer could not handle the games. But I have updated a couple of mouths ago and got both of the games. I have not played much of the custom campaigns, and I have been limited because I do not know much about the sound cache.

The first time I had to rebuild the cache was for bring the old campaigns to L4D 2. But it always froze right at when I started it.

I just installed the I Hate Mountains campaign and did a sound cache rebuild right at the main menu. It froze for a bit, but the bar started to move. After 4 minutes it finished, but it's stuck on 100%.

I guess it is down, but do I have to rebuild the sound cache each time I start up L4D?

#2 2010-06-06 09:25:45

CptDobey
Website

Re: Quest about sound cache.

No, you only have to do it once.

#3 2010-06-06 18:59:02

HeadHunter

After I entered the command, the bar filled in a couple of minutes but then didn't do anything else.  It just stayed on "Loading" for an hour before I finally killed the process manually.

Is that normal?  And how do I know if the cache was rebuilt successfully or not?

#4 2010-06-06 21:17:08

Dirka_Dirka

you actually do have to do it again - if you install other custom campaigns that use custom sounds - and depending on when you run the command (main menu or after loading map).. they tend to interfere with each other (i had this problem when death before dawn and cold case came out).

as far as the progress never ending - thats normal. after a few minutes should be able to drop a console (with `).. the console is not available until the command is complete. you can then either 'quit' or 'openserverbrowser' to find a server to connect to (and exit to get back to main menu).

#5 2010-06-06 23:17:33

NykO18
Administrator
Website

It's the way it works unfortunately, the command never ends if you do it on the main menu instead of in-game. But well, it still works.

#6 2010-06-07 03:52:30

RipVanWinkle X

Thanks, most directions on how to rebuild the sound cache does not tell you about the issues. It make noobs like me wondering if we did it right.

#7 2010-06-07 16:26:02

NykO18
Administrator
Website

We wish it would be unnecessary to have to rebuild anything to be honest.
No one should ever be forced to do it apart from development purposes, but well... we already told Valve about it.

Board footer