I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-04 23:26:34

suprep

Versus bugs (witch, helicopter & tank)

##########################
# I HATE MOUNTAINS       #
# LEFT 4 DEAD 1 CAMPAIGN #
# VERSION 1.1            #
##########################

We just played this map on frustians/rotoblin mod on versus mode and noticed a few bugs.

First of all tank doesn't spawn at all on any map (even though it's forced with versus_tank_chance on 100%).

On map 2 after we activated the window upstairs the witch spawned infront of the saferoom totally useless for any team and someone got stuck downstairs, I dont know the exact position but it's at the direction sign or sometihng.

On map 4 the server crashes as soon as we are about the start (only with readyup mod tho) so after we ready up the map restarts twice to go live and on the 2nd restart it crashed every time (we tried to do it 3-4 times and then called it quits). I dont know if map 4 has different starting area or something that crashes it, it does work fine tho with vanilla.

Server had l4dready, l4dscores, frustians mod and sourcemod 1.3.1

#2 2010-06-04 23:30:54

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: Versus bugs (witch, helicopter & tank)

suprep wrote:

We just played this map on frustians/rotoblin mod on versus mode and noticed a few bugs.

We are not really aware of plugins and mods, we can't provide support for this.

suprep wrote:

First of all tank doesn't spawn at all on any map (even though it's forced with versus_tank_chance on 100%).

Must be something with the server itself, tank spawns normally in all games we tried tonight. There's a chance it might not spawn on any map, but it's very, very low.

suprep wrote:

On map 2 after we activated the window upstairs the witch spawned infront of the saferoom totally useless for any team and someone got stuck downstairs, I dont know the exact position but it's at the direction sign or sometihng.

The witch spawns where the director tells her to, nothing we can seriously do about. But I can try to prevent it in versus a bit. The stuck was recorded in another thread.

suprep wrote:

On map 4 the server crashes as soon as we are about the start (only with readyup mod tho) so after we ready up the map restarts twice to go live and on the 2nd restart it crashed every time (we tried to do it 3-4 times and then called it quits). I dont know if map 4 has different starting area or something that crashes it, it does work fine tho with vanilla.

Yeah, like I said, we won't provide support for modifications, this is just too hard to debug and fix for us. We're on the mapping side, not the server side.

#3 2010-06-04 23:42:54

suprep

Hmm ok, but regarding versus tanks I haven't noticed any on maps 1-2-3. I'll give it some more test runs and see how it plays out. We might be able to fix the mods ourselves for the rest everything is running fine.

#4 2010-06-04 23:44:27

NykO18
Administrator
Website

suprep wrote:

Hmm ok, but regarding versus tanks I haven't noticed any on maps 1-2-3. I'll give it some more test runs and see how it plays out. We might be able to fix the mods ourselves for the rest everything is running fine.

Just played it a minute ago and we had two tank spawns on level 3.
So far, there's no tank spawn on the second level due to its nature (this is the way we decided it) and it's somewhat rare on the first level (because it would be too hard). The witch takes precedence.

#5 2010-06-07 21:40:56

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Will not be fixed, there's pretty much nothing be can do about it.

Board footer