I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-10 07:46:37

Sgt.Fopper

"IHM" "crashes" in the way of minimizing and maximizing again

Hi! (Greets from Germany :-))

I have a really seldom problem with "I hate mountains". When I'm playing this MOD, my whole Left 4 Dead 1 is kinda broken and I don't have any clue why 1)

it's the case and more interesting 2) it's only at me.

Description of the problem:
When I'm playing "I hate mountains" and ONLY THIS MOD the game minimizes for unknown reasons (with bad sounds) and after a while (between 15 secs and one

minute) the game maximize again and the problem starts again. And worse: The other campaigns, the official ones from Valve have after this the same problem

and that sucks alot, you know.

So:
I have to delete the whole Left 4 Dead 1 from Steam and redownload it (of course legally^^) in order that I can play L4D1 with its official campaigns in a

normal way without that "problem". But if I start "I hate mountains" again (i've downloaded the MOD from several resources) the problem comes back and L4D1

is "broken" again...

I really hope that you guys can help me with that. Like I said, it occurs ONLY with "I hate mountains". And I really wanna play this MOD. :-)

Greets Sgt. Fopper

BTW: Sorry for my (bad) english; comin' from Germany. wink

#2 2010-06-10 12:59:07

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: "IHM" "crashes" in the way of minimizing and maximizing again

Well well well, first, don't apologize for potential 'bad english', we're French so that won't bother us. Then... about your problem, this is indeed the strangest thing I've ever heard about. The only thing I could advise you to do is to check and defragment the game cache files, but you seem to have downloaded it just for the purpose so that sounds useless. Can you try to use a non-fullscreen mode in the options and report what it does? You say the game minimizes itself, if you play in windowed mode, you might be able to see what's going on? I'm not really confident about it, but it's a way to start. If that fails, try to follow this tutorial but instead of typing just '-console' in the launch properties, type '-dev -console'. That will put the game in developer mode and you might be able to get more informations. If think there's also a '-safe' launch option shipped with every Valve game, but I'm not sure about it.

#3 2010-06-10 23:03:47

Cameron:D
Website

Use -sw to start in windowed mode.
you can get rid of the border around the window with -noborder, and then set the game to run in your native screen resolution, so it will still look like it is running in fullscreen.

#4 2010-06-11 06:33:56

Sgt.Fopper

Yeah, I think (!) the problem is solved. BUT, how, that's the funny question.
I deleted the game and the MOD from the Addons folder und redownloaded both. After that I defragmentated the games files, verified them and rebuilded the soundcache. I started the MOD and voila: It works without that weird problem. I played it 10 minutes for testing...

So, I have a sneaking suspicion what "the piece of the puzzle" is. I said/wrote before that I downloaded the MOD from several resources. That's correct BUT I only used the MOD from my FIRST download. NOT the other ones from several resources. So, I think the first one was broken or corrupt during the download...

But finally it works and I will play "I hate mountains" maybe at this weekend with friends and I will report about it in the next days. :-)

So, happy weekend and much fun in watching the World Cup. wink

Greets
Sgt. Fopper

#5 2010-06-11 17:11:10

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Glad to hear to solved it.
I'll close this topic so we can see what's left to fix.

Board footer