I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-09 17:40:11

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Changing the location of first aid kits during the finale?

I wonder if that would be a good idea to separate the first aid kits from the weapons during the finale. Maybe relocating the first aid kits in the airport building instead of the cottage.

#2 2010-06-09 18:12:43

xDay**

Re: Changing the location of first aid kits during the finale?

Je trouve le final un peu "facile" comparé aux autres niveaux.
Enfin, c'est mon ressenti, après avoir joué en avancé avec 1 ami et 2 bots.
On a dû recommencer 1 fois le 2ème niveau, 2 fois le niveau souterrain, le final du premier coup.
Donc pourquoi pas délocaliser, les cachettes.

#3 2010-06-10 03:08:40

Dirka_Dirka

multiple random locations would be good.

where they are, by the radio, and maybe by the lighthouse sound like good options.

#4 2010-06-10 04:17:31

Cameron:D
Website

Yeah, a few random locations (All 4 of them together on one place) could be interesting.

#5 2010-06-10 12:47:27

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Hmm, I'm skeptical on the random location guys. If Valve never did it, there might be a good reason. If they spawn in random locations where players will definitely walk around (like the cottage, the airport, the docks, etc.) why not, but not in areas they're not even forced to visit.

#6 2010-06-10 15:59:48

Dirka_Dirka

valve may have not done it in l4d1, but they did it in just about every l4d2 campaign..

they also use random locations for many items - like the t2 weapon spawns on most maps, so it's not like people who only play l4d1 aren't used to having to find stuff they want or need.

#7 2010-06-10 18:43:17

CosmicD

it will encourage people to go in places they never visited before in that finale, because everyone just loves to sit on the drink dispenser machine and that's it. If the first aid kits or no items ly there, ppl might be inclned to go more close to their location and actually get to learn the other locations of the finale ^^

#8 2010-06-11 17:15:27

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Well... or they'll assume it's a bug and won't look for the health kits, especially now that they know where it's supposed to be. The vending machine won't be accessible anymore in later versions.

#9 2010-06-14 17:34:03

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Well, we moved the first aid kits in the airport building but we didn't really dig the idea of the random location. I don't remember a lot of campaigns doing it, even in Left 4 Dead 2 (for example in the mall finale, they're always in the same place).

Board footer