I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#26 2010-06-15 21:31:56

AtomicGaryBusey

Re: Honest to God Feedback

Apologies, NykO18. I was a little obtuse in my description. What you say makes sense. I meant "going back through the manor, period."

I'll give the Manor level a few more play-throughs. I'm sure it'll all come together. smile

"In this world gone mad, we won't spank the monkey - the monkey will spank us!" ~Jay from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

#27 2010-06-16 08:29:26

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Why would you apologize?
It's OK, I was just giving you some piece of advice smile

#28 2010-06-28 07:54:16

whitevioletdragon
Website

I agree in having good critics to a hard work resulting in an excelent campaign. I just dont understand the fundaments of the first posted critic by Icarus.

L4d was created for essay-mistake curve learning (watch developers commentaries in the game) between other many objectives.

I love this campaign because it gives me a sense of "freedom" in the spaces and sorrounding areas, and in the multiple paths I could choose for reaching a safe house. Challenging? Yes, and thanks for that!! Linear maps?? Not at all. I like the spiral and laberyntic sense of the maps. Linear vs Spiral-Curve has been an issue in videogames. I believe in a balance between those two complementary forces tongue

Also I think the first critics on this post are not puting in perspective the literary fundaments of the L4d story: You and three survivors in a ZOmBIE APOCALYPSe compleley out of control. The genre of the game is mainly SURVIVAL HORROR, and that means: dark places, challenging paths, taking decitions quickly...and of course: survive by not suicide your self throughing you from a 20 meters tower wink

Instead of "suffering" this awsome campaign I enjoyed it a lot by exploring the great details and the hidden places (also for tactical reasons to find good places for spoting as infected). I enjoyed to get lost and be forced to EXPLORE while savage hordes were killing bill and Louis was scratching his head.

So in conclusion: instead of "sufering" explore and use your common sense of orientation and observation. If you fail the first time: have patience with your self and give the game a chance: take care of Zoey, Louis and Bill and everything will be allright!!

XD

Last edited by whitevioletdragon (2010-06-28 07:57:51)

Board footer