I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-07-01 02:58:33

praxisseizure

My hair is standing on end. Yikes what a campaign.

I'm sweating, hoarse from swearing and barking intel, and generally shaking from quite literally being inches from death constantly, yet still making it through.  I'm taking Peelz indeed.
Easily the most terrifying campaign I've played.
Also easily the most fun.  (The stock campaigns are decent, but nothing like this.)

Four reasons. 

- It has a ruthless, sometimes reflex quaking tense pace, yet it was manageable and satisfying.  (except for the first one, bit of a walk in the park).  We often found ourselves without primary weapons only to find ammo at the very last second when we REALLY needed it. Or better, trading health or pills back and forth managing limited supply. You could really screw yourself making a wrong move.  Closet spawns were a bit generous, but often desperately welcomed.    Even in "breather" areas we were always on our toes. You people are mean and make us work for it. big_smile

- Where to go wasn't too telegraphed.  (which is a common problem in most campaigns)
It made the terror all that much more maddening without getting so lost as to piss us off.  Made us think and experiment with rather long stretches sustained only by pills, which were thankfully plentiful.  Going in circles occasionally or losing direction sense while burning up resources really ratchets up the panic, especially when it's not overly frustrating. 

- Big, almost sinister, non-linear maps were a very nice challenge with a perfect atmosphere.  I specifically appreciated the myriad of dead ends which were a good balance of length, frequency and often logic. The relatively constant but not river of fodder onslaught was just enough, but also of note, the hordes spawned in just about every direction keeping us on the edges of our senses (and voices) just to manage the confusion.  Very little opportunity to corner up and mow them down single file. We often found ourselves calling out different directions simultaneously while stepping over eachother calling coverage. It was unique to this campaign and deliciously fun mayhem.

- Humorous.  The wall scribble, voice and particularly in my mind, the 2nd map on first go around had us with our hands in the air going F*** at the chopper.  Nothing but huge laughs when we realized our folly after running around like headless chickens spewing pipes from our necks.

Overall, thought provoking, tactical and scary as hell.

Thanks muchly for the geniunely terrifying Zombie experience.

Prax

#2 2010-07-06 11:36:19

matrixmark

Re: My hair is standing on end. Yikes what a campaign.

couldnt agree more big_smile excellant job on the campaign and ignore the haters big_smile

Board footer