You are not logged in.
I downloaded the latest version as of today 10/29/2010 Ver1.1 (according to read-me file)
Left 4 dead (first one)
I started the game, then, as instructed, ran the snd_rebuildaudiocache in the game counsel. The game went into the "I hate mountains" loading screen in order to purge the audio files. After it did that, the game shut down, and I went back to the desktop. I started the game again, created an "I hate mountain" campaign lobby, and started it. I successfully loaded the game. I noticed that the custom campaign sound effects were not activated. I opened the game counsel and noticed the game tried to load the sound effects but said the sound files were not in the depository. A very big list indeed. It seemed none of the custom audio files loaded.
Let me know what to do. I would like to play the game with the sound effects for the campaign.
Last edited by cads73 (2010-10-29 19:47:58)
This problem will be fixed with the 1.2 version of IHM.
In waiting it, you could test a thing (not sure about a good result for you).
1) In your Addons folder, create these folders :
...\left 4 dead\left4dead\addons\I Hate Mountains\sound
2) Download this file :
3) Put his file in your sound folder which is just created :
...\left 4 dead\left4dead\addons\I Hate Mountains\sound\sound.cache
4) Launch the campaign
I repeat myself, I'm not sure about the result and if it works, be sure that's a temp fix. If not, we ask you to be patient, the 1.2 version should come sooner than expected
This worked for me, but it's possibly not for the non-technically inclined:
- download the sound.cache file given in the above link.
- open up a command prompt.
- cd [steamdir]\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\addons
- mkdir sound
- copy sound.cache into the new sound directory
- from inside the addons directory run: ..\..\bin\vpk -v a ihatemountains.vpk sound\sound.cache
- after a while you should get a message "Add new file sound\sound.cache"
- you can delete the sound directory you created now.
- play the campaign with full sounds.
Acutally, according to Bindal from DBD, you can still play with one who had the older version:
Last edited by Silverman (2010-10-31 20:17:09)