I Hate Mountains Forums

I Hate Mountains, the free Left 4 Dead campaign official website. Download the campaign, discuss in the forums and access a lot of goodies.

You are not logged in.

Announcement

At the time I'm writing this, it's been way over a year since any meaningful content was posted to this forum. Also, the last and final version of I Hate Mountains was released almost three years ago. Which is why I believe it is time to definitely pull the plug on this forum which is going to remain in a readonly format from now on.

A warm 'thank you' to everyone that contributed to this project in a way or another! If you really need to contact the team, feel free to shoot us an email, our contact information is right here : http://www.ihatemountains.com/contact-us/
– The I Hate Mountains Team

#1 2010-06-08 07:23:31

Mr E Unknown

The "unreachable" study in the manor house

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, my eyes glazed over at the list of threads all called "feedback" or "impressions"...

I suspect this is a deliberate design decision, but I'd like to ask about it anyway;  specifically, in the manor house above the "Grand Room" (it was a surprise finding the building's floor plan - nice touch!) is a hole in the wall leading to a study:

http://sites.google.com/site/mreunk/Hom … or0002.jpg

Alas, there are no special infected climbing ladders, no breakable walls or other means of reaching that room from any direction.  This means that only a hunter (and an already spawned hunter at that, you can't climb up there and spawn whilst hiding) can use that room which seems such a terrible waste not allowing a smoker or opportunistic boomer a chance to hide in that area.

Is there any specific reason for this design (eg., problems found during testing)?

#2 2010-06-08 08:44:43

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: The "unreachable" study in the manor house

This is only for horde spawning purposes.
We didn't found any easy way to add an access for other infected.

#3 2010-06-08 08:53:02

Mr E Unknown

Would it be possible to put an infected climbing ladder on one of the exterior walls of the building behind that room, with either a breakable wall or just an outright hole in the wall permitting access?

Just throwing around ideas - it's certainly not critical, would just be nice to have another hiding spot or attack location, 'sall.

#4 2010-06-08 12:08:33

NykO18
Administrator
Website

It would of course be possible, but it would probably impair the framerate.
I don't think we're going to give access to this area, but we'll see.

Board footer